The MTA Speaks| Prayer times| Weather Update| Gold Price
Follow Us: Facebook Instagram YouTube twitter

Pune Realtor Murder: Police Allege Fiancée Transferred ₹1 Crore to Lover Before Cliff Killing

Pune Realtor Murder: Police Allege Fiancée Transferred ₹1 Crore to Lover Before Cliff Killing

Post by : Bianca Haleem

Fresh developments have emerged in the investigation into the murder of 26-year-old Pune realtor Ketan Agarwal. Police allege that his fiancée, Siya Goyal, transferred nearly ₹1 crore, which she had received from Agarwal for their wedding preparations, to her alleged lover, Chetan Chaudhary, as part of a carefully planned conspiracy to kill him.

According to investigators, 20-year-old Siya Goyal and 22-year-old Chetan Chaudhary had planned the murder several months in advance. The two were arrested for allegedly plotting Agarwal's death by pushing him off a cliff at Lohagad Fort on June 18.

Police Allege Wedding Money Was Given to Alleged Lover

Investigators claim that Goyal asked Agarwal for around ₹1 crore, saying the money was needed for wedding shopping and other marriage-related expenses. Police now allege that instead of using the money for the wedding, she transferred the entire amount to Chaudhary to help him become financially stable.

According to the investigation, Chaudhary came from a modest financial background and had reportedly told Goyal that he needed about three years to establish himself financially. Police believe the two agreed to postpone their own marriage for three years after Agarwal's death so that public attention and suspicion would fade before they started a life together.

Police Say Pre-Planned Signal Was Used During the Attack

Investigators allege that the murder was carried out using a pre-decided signal. According to police, Goyal was instructed to sit down on the excuse of drinking water or tying her shoelaces. This was allegedly meant to signal Chaudhary that it was the right time to push Agarwal off the cliff.

Police also believe the signal ensured that Goyal remained at a safe distance, preventing Agarwal from grabbing her as he fell.

Call Records and Earlier Attempt Under Investigation

Investigators say Call Detail Records have strengthened their case. Police claim that Goyal spoke with Chaudhary around 34 minutes before the incident, which they suspect was the final discussion before the alleged attack.

Police further allege that the conspiracy had been finalised by the end of May. They also claim that an earlier attempt to kill Agarwal was made on June 14. During that incident, Agarwal reportedly survived after holding onto nearby bushes when he was allegedly pushed.

Read More: Murder Case Ahead of Pune Wedding Shakes Community

According to investigators, Goyal later described the incident as an accident, claiming she had pushed Agarwal after being frightened by a snake.

Following the failed attempt, police believe Chaudhary changed the plan and personally followed the couple to Lohagad Fort on June 18 to make sure Agarwal would not survive a second attempt.

Driver's Statement Added to Investigation

Police have also recorded the statement of Vaibhav Jadhav, the driver hired to take the couple to Mumbai airport for their planned pre-wedding trip to Bali.

According to Jadhav's statement, Goyal appeared unwilling to travel and told him that her brother, Sahil, had forced her into the vehicle after picking her up from Pune. The driver also claimed that the siblings argued during the journey to Ravet in Pimpri-Chinchwad.

The trip later continued towards Mumbai airport after Agarwal and several members of his family joined them. However, the planned Bali vacation was cancelled after Agarwal reportedly discovered that his passport was missing at the airport.

Investigation Continues

Police continue to investigate the case and are examining financial transactions, call records, witness statements, and other evidence as part of the ongoing probe into the alleged conspiracy behind Ketan Agarwal's death.

June 29, 2026 6:08 p.m. 929
Global News India News World News Global Updates

More Trending News

Featured Stories

SpaceX Starship Ship 40 Reaches Calm Waters Near Christmas Island
Aug. 20, 2026 12:29 p.m.
SpaceX’s Starship Ship 40 has reached calmer waters near Christmas Island after 24 days at sea, giving engineers a rare chance to inspect the spacecraft
Read More
Saudi, Qatar Leaders Discuss Regional Security and Cooperation
Aug. 20, 2026 12:19 p.m.
Saudi and Qatar foreign ministers discussed bilateral ties, regional tensions, mediation efforts and maritime security during talks in Riyadh
Read More
Iran Hits Back, Designates California as ‘New Territory’ After Trump Remarks
Aug. 20, 2026 12:01 p.m.
In a sharp retort, Iran has rebranded California as 'new territory' in response to Trump’s comments about the Strait of Hormuz.
Read More
Failed Rescue Mission for NASA's Swift Telescope
Aug. 20, 2026 11:14 a.m.
NASA's attempt to save the Swift telescope has failed, with the satellite expected to re-enter Earth in 2026 due to control issues.
Read More
Qatar, Saudi Arabia Strengthen Cooperation on Gaza and Security
Aug. 20, 2026 10:48 a.m.
Qatar and Saudi Arabia discuss regional security Gaza diplomacy and freedom of navigation while stressing joint efforts to reduce tensions and support stability
Read More
UAE Falcon Conservation Programme Confirms Siberia Breeding Success
Aug. 20, 2026 10:23 a.m.
UAE’s falcon conservation programme confirms a released Peregrine falcon bred in Siberia, highlighting the success of wildlife protection and scientific trackin
Read More
Kuwait Customs Seizes 855g Gold From Two Indian Flyers Today
Aug. 19, 2026 12:50 p.m.
Kuwait Customs intercepted two Indian passengers bound for Ahmedabad and seized 855g of 24-karat gold hidden in belt buckles and a bracelet at the airport
Read More
Kuwait Foils Food Smuggling Plot at Shuwaikh Port
Aug. 19, 2026 12:38 p.m.
Kuwait Customs seized more than 2,200 subsidized food items hidden in six containers bound for Sri Lanka, preventing their illegal export from Shuwaikh Port
Read More
Los Angeles Port Records Second-Highest July Cargo Volume
Aug. 19, 2026 11:38 a.m.
Port of Los Angeles handled 960,464 TEUs in July, its second-highest July volume, as strong consumer demand and AI data center projects boosted imports
Read More
Sponsored
Trending News