The MTA Speaks| Prayer times| Weather Update| Gold Price
Follow Us: Facebook Instagram YouTube twitter

Hoax Bomb Threat at ISRO Bengaluru Triggers Major Security Search

Hoax Bomb Threat at ISRO Bengaluru Triggers Major Security Search

Post by : Bianca Haleem

A bomb threat email sent to the headquarters of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) in Bengaluru on Thursday led to a large-scale security operation before police confirmed that the threat was false.

Soon after the email was received, police teams reached the ISRO campus along with the Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad (BDDS) and a dog squad. The teams immediately began a detailed search of the premises to ensure the safety of everyone inside.

Employees Evacuated as Precautionary Measure

As part of standard safety procedures, all employees inside the building were evacuated while security personnel carried out a thorough inspection of the entire facility.

After an extensive search, officials found no suspicious objects or explosives anywhere on the campus. A senior police officer later confirmed that the bomb threat was a hoax.

Police Launch Investigation Into Threatening Email

Following the incident, the Sanjaynagar Police Station registered a case and launched an investigation to trace the source of the threatening email and identify the person responsible for sending it.

Police said further investigation into the matter is currently in progress.

Delhi Police Arrest Ghaziabad Man in Hoax Bomb Threat Case

In a separate but related development, Delhi Police arrested a 36-year-old man from Ghaziabad for allegedly sending a series of hoax bomb threat emails targeting several important government organisations, including the National Investigation Agency (NIA), ISRO, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), and an Air India flight.

According to officials, the accused has been receiving treatment for a mental illness since 2008.

Threat Emails Sent to Multiple Government Agencies

Police said the emails were sent on June 29 and falsely claimed that bombs had been planted at several high-security locations. These included the headquarters of the National Investigation Agency (NIA), the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), and the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA).

A separate email also claimed that an Air India flight scheduled to travel from New Delhi to New York was carrying a bomb. The warning led to immediate security checks and alerts across multiple security agencies.

After following standard operating procedures and conducting detailed inspections, authorities confirmed that all of the threats were false.

Technical Investigation Led Police to the Suspect

Investigators began tracing the digital trail left by the emails soon after the threats were reported.

Police examined two email accounts believed to have been used to send the messages. During the technical investigation, officers linked the email activity to a mobile phone number, which helped them identify the suspect.

Using technical surveillance, police tracked the accused to Sanyog Nagar in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, on June 30. Officers reached his residence and questioned him before taking further action.

Accused Undergoing Mental Health Treatment Since 2008

Police identified the suspect as Nishant Tyagi. According to investigators, he completed his schooling through the open education system and enrolled in a bachelor's degree programme in 2010 but did not complete the course.

During the preliminary inquiry, officials found that Tyagi had been undergoing treatment for a mental illness since 2008 at different healthcare institutions. His family members also confirmed his long medical history.

Police said no explosives, weapons, or any suspicious materials were recovered during the investigation.

Investigation Continues

Authorities said the investigation is continuing to determine the motive behind the hoax bomb threat emails and the circumstances under which they were sent. Police added that further legal action will be taken based on the findings of the ongoing investigation.

July 2, 2026 6:17 p.m. 314
Global News World News Global Updates

More Trending News

Featured Stories

SpaceX Starship Ship 40 Reaches Calm Waters Near Christmas Island
Aug. 20, 2026 12:29 p.m.
SpaceX’s Starship Ship 40 has reached calmer waters near Christmas Island after 24 days at sea, giving engineers a rare chance to inspect the spacecraft
Read More
Saudi, Qatar Leaders Discuss Regional Security and Cooperation
Aug. 20, 2026 12:19 p.m.
Saudi and Qatar foreign ministers discussed bilateral ties, regional tensions, mediation efforts and maritime security during talks in Riyadh
Read More
Iran Hits Back, Designates California as ‘New Territory’ After Trump Remarks
Aug. 20, 2026 12:01 p.m.
In a sharp retort, Iran has rebranded California as 'new territory' in response to Trump’s comments about the Strait of Hormuz.
Read More
Failed Rescue Mission for NASA's Swift Telescope
Aug. 20, 2026 11:14 a.m.
NASA's attempt to save the Swift telescope has failed, with the satellite expected to re-enter Earth in 2026 due to control issues.
Read More
Qatar, Saudi Arabia Strengthen Cooperation on Gaza and Security
Aug. 20, 2026 10:48 a.m.
Qatar and Saudi Arabia discuss regional security Gaza diplomacy and freedom of navigation while stressing joint efforts to reduce tensions and support stability
Read More
UAE Falcon Conservation Programme Confirms Siberia Breeding Success
Aug. 20, 2026 10:23 a.m.
UAE’s falcon conservation programme confirms a released Peregrine falcon bred in Siberia, highlighting the success of wildlife protection and scientific trackin
Read More
Kuwait Customs Seizes 855g Gold From Two Indian Flyers Today
Aug. 19, 2026 12:50 p.m.
Kuwait Customs intercepted two Indian passengers bound for Ahmedabad and seized 855g of 24-karat gold hidden in belt buckles and a bracelet at the airport
Read More
Kuwait Foils Food Smuggling Plot at Shuwaikh Port
Aug. 19, 2026 12:38 p.m.
Kuwait Customs seized more than 2,200 subsidized food items hidden in six containers bound for Sri Lanka, preventing their illegal export from Shuwaikh Port
Read More
Los Angeles Port Records Second-Highest July Cargo Volume
Aug. 19, 2026 11:38 a.m.
Port of Los Angeles handled 960,464 TEUs in July, its second-highest July volume, as strong consumer demand and AI data center projects boosted imports
Read More
Sponsored
Trending News